Minecraft Story Mode - Thoughts after episode 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minecraft Story Mode - Thoughts after episode 4

Post by LordX on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:51 am

Like many others, I laughed when TT was going to make a Minecraft game. This was going to be the stupidest thing they have ever done... No way they could make this work. For episodes 1 and 2, it seemed like my thoughts were right. Granted, episode 1 was a nice start, but 2 fell really flat for me. Then episode 3 happened and it was maybe one of the best episodes they had done in any of their series.

Today they released episode 4 and at 1:17 am (with me needing to get up for work in 5hrs) I feel the need to write about it. This episode was just so damn good and shows how well TellTale is at building characters. I won't go into spoilers, but the game struck me really hard emotionally with one scene in particular. How hard? I would rank it up there with the Lee scene from the last episode of TWD season 1; anybody that has played it will know the scene I'm referring to. It was so beautifully done and I applaud TellTale for doing it. With MC being a "kids" game in most aspects I never expected them to pull out the hard hitting emotional punches.

There's still 1 more episode to go, but I already feel like MC: Story Mode may be one of TellTale's best works to date.
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Re: Minecraft Story Mode - Thoughts after episode 4

Post by Challesist on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:47 am

I do not doubt how good any of their stories are as a whole. My concern is when I was playing The Walking Dead and very much enjoying the story I couldn't help but think how much better it would be if I only had to make the choices and not walk around slowly to find a screwdriver, or a pipe, or the right person to talk to. I want the stories without the gameplay and honestly I really think that method would would. Basically an interactive story that was told over 2-3 hours per episode that you made the choices for!
Challesist
Admin

View user profile http://Gaminglagg.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top