PSVR: Are you still interested after the price announcement?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSVR: Are you still interested after the price announcement?

Post by LordX on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:07 pm

So we finally have a price and date for PSVR. It's going to be $399 USD and $549 CAD. Not to mention you need to buy a PS Camera as well (though it's rumored that Sony will have a bundle).

Now I've been somewhat interested in PSVR. Was even more interested when I heard about the cinematic mode today. As Greg Miller of Kinda Funny said on twitter "It was like a movie theater screen."

However, that Canadian price point really stinks. Not to mention I need to buy a PS4 camera as well. So the total cost for me would be: (549.99 + 69.99) x 13% sales tax (yes, the sales tax here in Newfoundland is 13%) = $700.58

So yeah, it's way... WAY too expensive for my wallet. I look at that price and think of how many high quality games I could buy instead. Thus I have lost quite a bit of interest based on that price alone. I really hope it catches on and is a success, but for me it has to be something I wait for a steep price drop on.
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Re: PSVR: Are you still interested after the price announcement?

Post by Challesist on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:51 am

I will be looking at getting it on day one. Once they announced it can be used as a screen for all games I was sold. I do hope they have some great games for launch and I love that is comes with audio.

PS . your doing your math wrong Lord....tax goes to 15% July 1st Wink
Challesist
Admin

View user profile http://Gaminglagg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LordX on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:55 pm

well f**k xD
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Post by PatTheTech on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 pm

If you look at the PSVR in the context of buying a dedicated TV for ~550, then I think it's a decent deal. If you bought just a TV for around $550, you might be able to get a 4k, but have to upscale the 1080p anyway.

Speaking from experience of FPV piloting, a 5"(ish) screen that close to your face feels like a HUGE screen. Not sure I'll be a day one adopter, but I am actually more interested now than I was before. ***I just watched a vid that said the virtual screen size would be about 220". Good luck finding a TV that big for $550 Razz

Last edited by PatTheTech on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info found)

PatTheTech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top