The Madness: September to March

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Madness: September to March

Post by LordX on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:07 pm

So I thought this fall was going to be a bit easy on my wallet. After E3 this is so very wrong. I have at least 11 games I'm buying for sure between September 6th and March 1st. So here I give to you, my Lagganites, the list of games I'm positive I'm getting day 1 between those dates:

September

XCOM 2 (PS4) - Sep.6th
-I adore XCOM: Enemy Unknown so very much. I've done multiple playthroughs on PC and 1 playthrough on the PS3 version. Will likely be buying the vita version in the near future as well. When XCOM 2 came out earlier in the year I was disappointed that my PC would be unable to run it. Thus when this was announced a few days before E3 it got me hyped. I've since locked in a pre-order and can not wait to battle the alien threat once more!

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - Sep.30th
-I've been rather disappointed by Final Fantasy in recent years, but XV looks like a return to form for the series. I still wish the combat was turned based, but I can live with the Kingdom Hearts vibe they got going with this version. That said, I've enjoyed everything I've seen thus far and can not wait to explore the world they have been building.

October
-This is by far the worst month on my wallet haha-

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (Vita) - Oct.18th
-This is one of those obscure, most people consider horrible, far out of left field JRPGs that Mike is always saying on the podcast that I love. It's just an odd series where consoles and game companies take the form of anime girls and fight each other & monsters. There's forth wall breaking and more game references then you can count... AND I LOVE IT! At the time of this post Megadimension Neptune is on the PSN E3 sale... buy it and you'll see what I mean. I own physical copies of every other game in the series, so yeah this is a no brainier for me to get.

World of Final Fantasy (Vita) - Oct.25th
-Oh dear god this game looks so F'n cute! PLUS! TRADITIONAL FINAL FANTASY TURNED BASED COMBAT!!!! Square can have my money any day of the week when it comes to doing that. And yes, I am buying the vita version because any game that gets a vita version deserves to be played on the vita!

The Last Guardian (PS4) - Oct 25th
-7 years ago I cried when I saw the first trailer. 1 year ago I cried when the game was rerevealed at "the E3 of Dreams." This year I cried when I saw the release date of Oct 25th, 2016. I know there's only a very slim chance the game will live up to expectations, but I'm so excited for it. So excited that yes I have pre-ordered that collector's edition pictured above. It's just one of those very special things that only comes around every so often.

Dragon Quest Builders (Vita) - Oct.?
-No release date for this one yet, but hot damn am I excited for this one. Kind of sad there won't be a physical vita version, but I'm happy we're getting the vita version at all lol. It might not be the mainline DQ game I want, but I'll be buying it to show SquareEnix that yes, I love Dragon Quest and want to see DQXI come here to the west!

November

Pokemon Sun (3DS) - Nov.18th
-It's pokemon. It's going to be good. One of the starters is a cat... a cat that uses it's furballs as ammo for it's fire blasts. SIGN ME UP! Got to show some Nintendo love this fall haha.

December

South Park: The Fractured, but Whole (PS4) - Dec.6th
-I played through the first game 3 times and got the platinum trophy. Now that they are bringing in the superhero stuff they did on the show and making full on fun of the MCU/DCCU, I am all in! Plus the new additions to the battle system look great. It's more south park and it's going to be fun. Still amazed that we're getting it so soon though.

February(2017)

Persona 5 (PS4) - Feb.14th
-PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! PERSONA! hype!

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) - Feb.28th
-I was excited for this game before, but after the demo at Sony's E3 Press Conference I was sold 100%. It's mixing in The Legend of Zelda with robot dinosaurs and so much more. Everything about this game looks stunning and it's making me realize that I only have 2 weeks to try and get through Persona 5 haha.

Unknown, but most likely October...

-THE FUTURE OF FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT AND TUESDAY THROWDOWN DEPENDS ON THIS GAME! Seriously, if they bring back Create a Story mode I'm going to create total chaos and bring forth more storytelling in my wrestling YT series haha.

So yeah that's my list right now. There are other games I'm interested in (such as the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VII), but as of right now this is where my money will be going come this Fall.

Do you guys have a list just as bad? Better? Worse? I'd love to hear it!
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Re: The Madness: September to March

Post by Challesist on Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:12 am

I feel your pain but I am holding off on collectors (other then Persona...already paid for) for that reason. Also I will be getting Horizon after i finish Persona lol
Challesist
Admin

View user profile http://Gaminglagg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LordX on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:25 pm

haha, the CE for The Last Guardian was a no brainer after I saw that statue
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Post by Challesist on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:22 pm

The statue is tempting but just had renovations done to the house so my pockets have nothing but lint in them now haha
Challesist
Admin

View user profile http://Gaminglagg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top