Today's Nintendo Direct

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Today's Nintendo Direct

Post by LordX on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 pm

So Nintendo just had their first Direct since the passing of Mr. Iwata. Going into this we had the possible "leak" of a Minecraft WiiU edition... It didn't happen. What did happen, however, was pretty damn awesome. It started off pretty ho-hum, but it got really fantastic near the end.

The highlights for me personally:

-Two of the new amiibos that were announced: Wolf Link (for Twilight Princess HD) and the Gold Mega-Man (for Megaman Legacy collection 3DS).

-Fire Emblem Fates info

-The Square Enix stuff: Final Fantasy Explorers, Bravely Second (just mentioned in passing really), Dragon Quest VII & VIII 3DS versions finally coming to North America, and...

-CLOUD STRIFE COMING TO SMASH BROS WIIU/3DS!

So those last 2 things. Cloud coming to Smash will totally be my reason to get back to playing the game. I haven't bought any of the DLC characters they released to date, but I will for him. It's a bit weird he was their choice for the game (given the history of FF7 with Nintendo), but it's pretty damn cool.

The Dragon Quest games getting a North America release nearly brought me to tears when I saw it. Square Enix continues to do the right thing and I'm starting to love them again. Growing up with the original FF Games they were my favorite company. I would buy anything they made... Then they started to fall off the wagon in my opinion. FFXII was good, but the ending of that game was really bad and just fell apart. The less said about the atrocious FFXIII the better. Yet with the stuff they had at E3 this year and now this? I'm starting to feel the love for them that I once had... and it's such a great feeling. I just hope that they don't botch it all up.

In closing, this Direct was awesome; minus zero news of SMT X Fire Emblem. This was the boost Nintendo needed right now. They stood at bat and knocked the ball out of the park.

What did you guys think of the news?
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Re: Today's Nintendo Direct

Post by Challesist on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:06 pm

All in all there wasn't anything huge out of the direct other then Cloud going to Smash Bros. All of the announcements needed to be made though and I thought the bundles were the biggest news. Smash Bros and Splatoon coming with the Wii U is a massively good deal. The Classic games are all well and good and is really the only thing they can do right now. I would imagine that the New Zelda will be on both the new NX and Wii U but they can't really talk about anything because they will screw themselves (more then they are) for sales up until launch of the NX.

Problem is solved if they package the NX with the new Zelda and its as powerful as the PS4 and Xbox One (only because the dumb market seems to care about that kind of shit and they need third party support). Hopefully we get something big out of E3 next year, I haven't given up on Nintendo but if NX fails I will happily play Mario on my PS4 lol.
Challesist
Admin

View user profile http://Gaminglagg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LordX on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Haha fair enough dude. I guess being a massive JRPG nut the direct spoke to me quite a lot.

Agreed on the NX. It either needs Zelda bundled with it as you said or a brand new 3D Mario.
LordX

View user profile http://Youtube.com/LordXPlaysGames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top